On display through October 4, 2020
Wild quilts from quilt collectors with a special affinity for the “odd” populate this exhibit. The patterns, color choices, designs, and even the workmanship will leave you wondering, “What was she thinking?”
Virtual Gallery Walk: Part TWO
Virtual Gallery Walk: Part ONE
‘Out of Control’ Quilt Challenge
Show us YOUR creativity!
One of our fabulous volunteer docents came for her shift last week and brought with her a quilt top that she had recently designed and pieced. The design for this quilt was inspired by one of the pieces in our ‘Out of Control’ exhibit!
This gave us a great idea! We’ve heard so many visitors to this exhibit share how freeing it is to see quilts made in this ‘out of control’ style and that they’d like to try it themselves, so we’re issuing a quilt ‘challenge!’
Don’t be scared off by the word challenge, it’s really quite easy and fun! Here’s what you do…
- Find a quilt in this exhibit that you feel especially drawn to. You can look through the slide show below for your inspiration or, better yet, visit in person!
- Use this quilt as inspiration for a design of your own; not a copy of the original!
- Send us an email with a photo of our quilt top and the following information:
- Your Name
- City and State where you live
- What ‘Out of Control’ quilt inspired you
- A short paragraph about yourself and your quilt!
The deadline for submissions is midnight on September 20th. We’ll share a slide show of all of the ‘entries’ on September 28th and encourage our online community to comment and vote for their favorites!
If you have any questions, contact IQM Director Megan Barrett at director@IowaQuiltMuseum.org. That’s where entries should be sent, too!